“Glowing skin is a result of proper skincare. It means you can wear LESS MAKEUP and let the skin shine through”- Michel Coulombe, Global Makeup Artist
Your skin deserves to be treated and pampered well, after all, that is the one that shows who you are. Daily maintenance plus weekly pampering is required for the skin to show off with that natural glow.
You can find below, a product independent review on a daily routine that has to be followed. Its all you should know about day to day routine.
Cleansing removes dirt, oil and unwanted debris from the skin. Regular facial cleansing is an important factor in helping the skin maintain a proper level of hydration. Dehydrated skin looks and feels rough, wrinkled and aged. Cleansing helps manage PH levels of the skin, enabling sufficient water and product retention.
- Tiny glands under the skin produce oil called sebum to protect the skin from the POLLUTION and DUST of the outside world. These glands use hair follicles within the skin as a pathway, allowing the oil to reach the surface of the skin (outer layer) to form a barrier that prevents the penetration of bacteria or other harmful agents.
- Excessive dirt build-up on the surface can cause blockages in the follicle, trapping sebum, sweat, and dead skin cells. The lack of sebum on the surface of the skin allows bacteria to penetrate the follicle causing inflammation. The final result is acne.
- Proper skin cleansing clears pores of debris, prevents dirt buildup and allows the sebum oil to reach the skin surface, thereby decreasing the chances of a breakout.
- Cleansing in the early morning helps to prevent excess oil production and maintain your face fresh throughout the day.
- Skin needs oxygen to repair itself overnight. When makeup is left on, it blocks the natural exfoliating process, which can leave your skin looking dull. Skin temperature rises overnight which leads to trans-epidermal water loss, leading to dehydration. Hence, it is more than important to cleanse your face in the night.
- When there is minimum or no makeup I would always prefer natural cleanser, milk. Milk has a unique ability to remove the oil-soluble impurities with the help of fat-soluble enzyme lipase, protein-based impurities with the help of protease and dead skin cells with lactic acid without stripping the skin of natural moisture.
- Tap a cotton pad in milk and gently rub over your facial skin. Milk, not only removes dirt but also helps to retain moisture in your skin. we have heard of queens in ancient period taking bath in milk. So that’s the secret of their healthy glowing skin.
Exfoliation is as important as cleansing. It helps to remove dirt from the skin which prevents acne formation and also helps in removing the dead cells. Our body produces new cells every day and dead cells have to be removed.
- Everyday skin gets older and results in the dry, flaky and itchy skin. To slow down the process of ageing, exfoliation is crucial as it helps to bring newer and healthier skin on the surface.
- Depending on the skin type, exfoliation technique should be modified. For all the skin types, don’t use exfoliators which has large granules as it might be harsh on your skin.
- Also, overdoing exfoliation can also affect the skin as it tends to rupture the skin and makes it deprived of natural oils.
- Make sure to use small granulated exfoliators with moisturising property and never use it daily. schedule it to use every once in 2 /3 days
- Body Exfoliation:
Chrysopogon zizanioides, commonly called “vetiver”(in Tamil) or “khus” (in Hindi) is found mostly in India. Yet, it is available on Amazon and many other ayurvedic online stores. It helps to disappear dark spots and get even skin tone. Also, helps to remove dead cells.You can use this twice a week to see the results
Toners are generally used to remove the remaining dirt from the skin, in spite of cleansing. We may not be exfoliating the skin daily, so ONLY cleansing will not remove all the makeup and dirt from the skin. So it is better to use Toners if you are not exfoliating the skin. In case of exfoliation, you can skip the toners. Also, those with dry skin also can skip toning as toners generally tend to dry out the skin. Toners are not mandatory to the skincare routine. Listen to your skin and then use the products.
Skin gets that dry and dull look because of dehydration which can be solved by two methods. First of all, drink a lot of water which helps to give that healthy glow from inside. Second, moisturize the skin from outside.
Points you should remember about moisturisation:
- Moisturising twice a day is required to keep your skin hydrated throughout the day.
- Always apply moisturiser and then apply SPF. Method of application determines the result of the product. SPF usually has the quality to block the sun rays and its absorption into the skin. So if you apply moisturiser over SPF, then moisturiser won’t get absorbed by the skin.
- The best time to apply moisturizer is immediately after a shower because you need to lock the moisture into the skin when it is freshly moist( after tap drying your skin).
- Expert suggests that always apply moisturiser in the upward motion for your face as it will help in lifting your face and prevents ageing and sagging of facial skin. Gently massage your skin so that the product gets absorbed to maximum and also prevents puffiness.
- It is also believed that after applying moisturiser in your skin, give it a dap throughout the surface you have applied it. This helps in fast absorption of moisturizer into the skin.
We have heard a lot about Sunscreens and its importance. We have gone through a number of articles showcasing the benefits of sunscreen. So naturally, we tend to wear it on a sunny day. But Is it necessary to wear when it is a cloudy day as well? YES!!! No matter how the weather is, wearing sunscreen should be the daily routine. Even on a cloudy day, UV light can still get into the skin and cause damage.
- Sun damage is the number one cause of premature ageing and shows on our skin in the form of wrinkles or hyperpigmentation.
- Dullness, discolouration and uneven skin tone can also be a result of skin that has been damaged by the sun’s harmful rays.
- SPF stands for Sun Protection Factor and its ability to protect the skin from the effects of UV light.Always choose for a higher SPF for a sunny day outing. Though we may not see the effects of UV lights immediately. Over the years, it causes pigmentation and wrinkles (maybe in early 30’s and 40’s).
- When the weather is cloudy, it is enough to wear a moisturizer with SPF but when it is sunny, it is better to wear a separate sunscreen.
- Sunscreen sprays are new trends in the world of sunscreen. Especially, for those who don’t like the way lotion feels on the screen. It is better to wear lotion before you go out and after few hours in sun, sunscreen sprays can be used, as Sunscreens are effective only for few hours.
Get that glamours glow in your skin before the onset of summer and don’t shy out before the sun.
Kindly write back to me regarding any queries/comments/suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org